Monday 12 September 2011

Ubunty Natty and Unity – Update


Well another day and more problems.

Firefox crashes constantly. Why is this Canonicals fault? Well Ubuntu doesn't come with vanilla flavoured Firefox. It comes with integrated Ubuntufied Firefox. Which might I also note didn't update to revoke DigiNotar security certificates. I had to remove them manually.

Any extended period on in activity seems to kill Ubuntu. It won't even shut down or reboot. I keep having to press the power button to force the whole machine to shut down. Not good.

All I can say is October is feeling like it's a really really long way off. The silver lining is I discovered ALT+F2 actually does still work. I think I've going to have to keep a better diary of problems I encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment